Populate a blank repeating section with data pulled from SQL via a workflow

Badge +1

Hi,

I need some help figuring out how to populate a blank repeating section on a form with rows of data I have pulled form SQL via a workflow.

Two columns of the repeating section will be from the SQL data and another 2 will just be tick boxes.

In the workflow I have used 2 'execute SQL' actions to pull through 'client name' and 'client ref'.

For each 'client name' and 'client ref' collection variable I pull a record out and put into a single line text variable ready to put into the repeating table. What are the next steps within the 'for each' loop?  How do I go about populating the variables into the repeating table?

I have pulled rows from repeating section before and put each row into a secondary list, I just can't seem to get my head round the other way.

Thanks

Kelly

*******UPDATE ******

I managed to follow this Nintex post - https://community.nintex.com/community/tech-blog/blog/2015/08/17/populating-repeating-section-controls-with-list-data 

I have created the XML and set the repeating section value. 

However when I open an existing form I cannot see the data in the repeating section.

Why might this be?

I also notice using a collection variable to push data into a column adds a semi column between items. Would this effect it?

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

However when I open an existing form I cannot see the data in the repeating section.

do you have repeating section connected to the list field where you saved XML?

does names of controls within repeating section fits to repeater XML elements?

could you post an example how does your XML looks like?

I also notice using a collection variable to push data into a column adds a semi column between items

do you save collection variable to list column?

you should rather save scalar variables that you pick within for each loop....

Badge

Hi Kelly, did you resolve your issue? Your experience can greatly help me as well. Please share whatever info you may have that helped you in your case.

Thank you.

Jad