K2 Notification Event Not Working

• 12 November 2009
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi all k2 experts :

I am very new to k2 and started to use it since this year. I find the tool extremely useful and has reduced a lot of code-writing.

I am implementing a k2 process for a telecom operator that captures order details about products. One of the requirement is everytime there is a client event and a worklist item is generated, it should send a notification to the destination user.

Using Notification Event Wizard I have created appropriate notification events for the needed number of Client Events. However when  I deploy the process, those events DONT WORK work in one k2 server. It DOES WORK in another  k2 server.

Said that, the mail event works fine in both the k2 servers and sends email to destination users. Is there a special setting for notification event on k2 server or on the client side( I am using k2 Designer for Visual Studio )? The mail server is configured appropriately.

Any help would be appreciated as I have to deliver this piece of work next week.

Thanks and regards,

ASChattopadhyay

3 replies

Badge +8

Why not to use simple Mail Events, Just drag drop these events before your client event. Tos test Add your self to TO and deploy the process.

One thing do check if you smtp is up and running.

Badge +10

At another customer site I ran into this problem where the email server wasn't set when the K2 server was initially installed.  After the fact the customer set the Mail Server in the environment library which allowed the K2 Mail event to work correctly but not the automatic email task notifications.  The reason being is that the mail server the automatic task notificiations is retrieved from a different location.

The automatic email reminders are using the Smartfunction component of K2 to capture those events and send the emails.  It actually picks up the smtp server from a different config file located in the C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlHost ServerBin directory called Sourcecode.Smartfunctions.Configuration.config.  Ensure that the SMTPServer is set correctly in the following section:  <sourcecode.smartfunctions.configsections.sfconfigsection

Look for the value assigned to "smtpServer".

For example:

<sourcecode.smartfunctions.configsections.sfconfigsection connectionstr="SFDBConnection" soServerName="CapriviSrv" soServerPort="5555" dependencyServerName="CapriviSrv" dependencyServerPort="5555" useDependencyServer="true" sfDependencyClass="a9345270-a429-4eea-9124-fbe6bc7d2350" soDependencyClass="9812f4ea-75c9-48c1-83db-578fcce0cbc7" smtpServer="mail.Caprivi.com" smtpFrom="K2System@Caprivi.com" />

If that's not the problem then I would recommend reviewing your K2 Server's Windows MSMQ setup to ensure that its working correctly.

Badge +1

timkn you are spot on. It worked like a magic..... thanks a lot to all of you for your replies