error content type for multi outcome task was not found while publishing

Badge +5

Hi guys,

I tried to publish the workflow, while publishing I am getting error pls find below screen shot. please suggest the solution how to overcome this

105794_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Jagadeeswar.

11 replies

Badge +17

Can you provide a little more context to the workflow?

What type of action are you using to provide outcomes and did you choose the default content type from the drop down or custom?

Badge +5

HI Eric,

I am using assign flexi task, can you please specify which content type you are asking.

Badge +5

In assign flexi task itself i am not getting task content type dropdown.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You should see Nintex Workflow Multi Outcome Task in the Task content type drop down. Are you able to find this type?

106322_pastedImage_0.png

Badge

Has there been a resolution to this?  We have the same issue in our pre production environment.

From what I can tell, the Content Types are completely missing.  They're missing under Site Content Types... and Task Content Type dropdown shown above is empty.

Badge +17

Chris,

Do you know if there was a problem with the deployment to that particular site collection or web application?  Also can you verify which version of Workflow you have installed.  I'd be pressed to see the content type just missing completely.

Badge

I'm not aware of any install issues.

But the problem started around the same time we performed an install in June.

Also the problem appears to be for every site collection.  And also other web applications.

In fact, I spun up a new SC yesterday, and was unable to activate the SC level Nintex Workflow feature.  When I tried, I received the following error: ""System.InvalidOperationException: Content type for multi outcome tasks was not found."".

We just recently upgraded to 3.1.5.0.  I was hoping that would fix the issue, but it didn't.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Activating the features to a web site will deploy the content types initially. Try deactivating and reactivating the workflow features for both the site collection and the web.

Badge +17

Chris

If you saw an issue with the install or around the time of install then that would be were the problems may have started.  Another factor that is leading both myself and Andrew to recommend checking your install process is the fact that you are seeing this across multiple sites. I would recommend, retracting and re-deploying the solution to the web front end and ensuring that it activates for the site collections.  If this doesn't resolve your issue, you may need to retract and redeploy to the farm.

Badge

Thanks Eric / Andrew.  Making progress.   Retracting / Re-deploying did bring back the Content Types.  I can now activate the site collection and site level features. 

I can now also save workflows without the error... But unfortunately publishing is still a problem.

The publishing error has now changed to "soap:ServerServer was unable to process request. ---> Failed to publish workflow: <Error>Falied to open config file</error>".

Badge +2

Hi Chris,  Did you resolve not being able to publish?  I have the exact same issue.  Thanks, Dave