Calculated field with lookup does not update on edit

Badge +2

Hi,

I have a form which calculates discount based on certain criteria. the form is as below

204074_pastedImage_1.png

While adding a new record the discount gets calculated without any issues. But when the saved record is opened for editing, the column initially brings up the value for a few seconds and then turns blank as shown below.

204075_pastedImage_2.png

The formula used for fetching the discount is

lookup("PriceListMultiplier","ColumnForLookup",FmlHiddenCoulmnForItem,"Multi")

The PriceListMultiplier List is as below with index on ColumnForLookup.

204076_pastedImage_3.png

Please could you advise on why this unexpected behavior is happening and a possible solution.

Thanks

8 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

Is Recalculate formula on Edit Mode set to "Yes"?

Badge +2

yes it is, since this is in repeated section

Get Outlook for iOS

Badge +7

Can you send me the form please?

Badge +2

I am a armature, Please explain in detail, should I download the from and send it or is there  another way

Badge +7

Yes download and send on my email 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

try enclose FmlHiddenCoulmnForItem with apostrophees (or even better with {textStart}{TextEnd}) as well.

minus sign might be interpreted as arithmetic operation and so cause problems.

Badge +2

Thanks, I tried Giving the formula as advised but the result is negative.  lookup("PriceListMultiplier","ColumnForLookup",{TextStart}FmlHiddenCoulmnForItem{TextEnd},"Multi"). As specified earlier while creating a new record the calculation is correct but while I try to edit a saved record the calculation fails What I had observed is that while opening on edit mode the value appears for a split second and the field recalculates and produces blank. I did try to set the recalculate on edit to No. but this also did not help. My feeling is that the recalculation happens before the concatenated string is generated and if a delay can be given to the recalculation it should work. Please advise If my assumption is right, if so how will I create a delay before the field recalculation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

that was my next question to ask - do you have recalculate on edit set for FmlHiddenCoulmnForItem as well?

if so, check developer console for any errors reported.