SharePoint Calculated Field workaround ideas?

• 28 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Each week I upload an Excel file into a SharePoint list. In that list is field/column "Start Date" - a date field with date data coming directly from the Excel file. There is a separate field/column in the SharePoint list called "End Date" - this is a SharePoint calculated field that returns a date value 5 calendar days after the start date.

My requirements:

1 - The "Start Date" field needs to be visible and editable to users - to see it in the SharePoint list and see and edit it in the Nintex Form.

2 - The "End Date" field needs to be visible (not editable) to users in the SharePoint list as soon as the weekly upload is completed, and also be visible as an uneditable date in the Nintex Form.

I understand that this is not possible as I've described it, given that calculated SharePoint fields are not available to be shown on Nintex Forms. However, both of those are absolute requirements for my situation and I need to find some kind of solution to meet requirements #1 and #2 above in a single list and form. Any suggestions on a workaround within Nintex? I have also considered skipping the Nintex Form and going back to the out-of-box SharePoint form, but that doesn't allow me to do the nice section headers in the form that I would like to do.

Thanks for any thoughts.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I suggest leaving your SharePoint list definition as is and creating a disconnected read-only field in your Nintex Form that relies on a Rule to set the End Date control value to be DateAdd("d",Form.Start Date,5).
Now both native and Nintex views will appear and function the same.
Badge +2
Thanks!!