September Update not working for me

• 20 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi,

Like an excited child at Christmas I've downloaded and installed the latest release of Nintex 2016 to my dev box. Gone to a custom list, clicked on the Nintex Forms button in the ribbon and...

....nothing! The button is unresponsive (pun intended).

I can click the down arrow to customise my item form but when I click that, nothing. The form designer will not load.

It was working fine before.

In Nintex Administration If I click on the "Form designer experience" link or the "Responsive forms template" link, I get a "Sorry, something went wrong" error.

Could not load type 'Nintex.Forms.SharePoint.AdministrationPages.DesignerExperience'.

The other pages in admin appear to work fine.

There was no error during the install process.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

In the logs, the only errors are similar to the error given on the screen around not being able to load the type.

I've checked the Web Application Features, the Site Collection features and Site features. All are active. I would try reactivating them but the fact that the admin pages don't load suggest there's another issue.

Badge +11

Hmmm I would try that on my dev machine too but regarding your feedback I'm gonna wait until it's working for you silly.png

However, did you see if all farm solutions are deployed without any error message in central administration? For me it sounds like deploying a solution didn't work properly and an assembly is missing. Even if CA says everything is deployed correctly, just re-deploy all of the required nintex WSPs. And please do it via PowerShell NOT via CA!

Cheers

Philipp

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

you were correct in that the solutions hadn't deployed, however, I'm still unable to deploy them.

It's most likely an issue with my environment rather than the solution, which I'm working on with ‌.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

error for anyone interested who might have come across this before

The process cannot access the file 'C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions16BinExternalPlatformNintex.Forms.Mobile.LiveRelay.dll' because it is being used by another process.