nintex form userequals control

Badge +3

how do you make a form panel only visible to a specific person(s)?

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there: 

A specific person (Ie, Fred in Accounting) or a specific person type (ie, The Employee's Manager, or, HR)

In both situations, you'll use a Validation rule. 

In this rule, you'll tell it under what condition you want to hide the panel. If you click on the panel, click the "hide" checkbox, then add a rule, you can say something like " not(userEquals(variable:Manager))"  - so if the user isn't equal to the variable where you've named the manager, then, hide.

Here's a pretty interesting question from someone else - different requirements but will show the validation ... 

https://community.nintex.com/message/57941-re-nintex-forms-validation-with-userequals?commentID=57941#comment-57941 

Then there is Sean's way as well, using operators (like == or != ).. so  "Manager != CurrentUser" then hide.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +3

Thank you for your help!  I will give that a try.

Badge +3

I am pretty new to this, could you please tell me how to assign a sharepoint group to a variable?  I would like to hide a panel for everyone but this sharepoint group.  Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey ‌ -- in this case I am pretty sure you can just say not(isMemberofGroup("GroupNameHere"))

So for example not(isMemberofGroup("Site Owners"))

Badge +3

Thank you!  I really appreciate your help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Maureen! If ‌ solved your question, could you go ahead and mark her answer as correct so as to help others in the community find answers to similar questions quickly?

Badge +3

I get a message “there are some problems with the design of this form…. Error: ‘isMemberofGroup’ is undefined

Maureen Eversmeyer

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Maureen, try fn-isMemberofGroup

Badge +3

That worked! Thank you so much!

Maureen Eversmeyer

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

h5! good call, ‌.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13