Nintex Display Form - Date and Time with Seconds, Why?

• 25 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

Nintex shows seconds on the display form for the date and timeThis is interesting because you don’t see seconds anywhere on a standard SharePoint form, view or workflow.  Also, you can’t change the date and time seconds in a form control or workflow action without using multiple workarounds or JavaScript.  Even if you do change the seconds you can't display this in a view without creating a new column as string.  I understand the potential need to have the seconds, but why would this only be on the Display form?  Am I missing something here?

SharePoint 2013:On Premise - Nintex Forms 2013: v2.10.0.0

7 replies

Badge +11

why not utilise

formatDate(CurrentTime, "dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm")

hh > uses the 12 hour format and HH > uses 24 hour format

Badge +5

Yes, I'm familiar with the formatDate function, but that's not the solution.  The solution I'm implying is to simply remove the seconds from the displayed dates on the Nintex Form.  I already have a working solution by using a little JavaScript and a CSS class.  Before implementing I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something as this has me baffled as to why.

Badge +11

I believe the behaviour is normal, when using Date/Time it will also include the seconds but it may show 00 in seconds.
In your case, you want to show date and time but without the seconds, correct?

the easiest way would be to use the formatDate instead of the JavaScript just to hide the seconds.
unless I am missing your concept here...

Badge +5

No Bim, I want to know why the Nintex Form - Display is the only place you can see the seconds and you don't have a control to display or edit.  It's inconsistent and confusing.  The standard SharePoint form doesn't show seconds so why Nintex?

Badge +11

Sorry but you have confused me!!
Can you show demo via screenshot of what you mean... ??

From my experience, the Current Date variable in a form shows the current date as following

31 October 2018 00:00:00

and the Current Time shows the time only without seconds:

7:58

Anyway ...

Badge +5

I don't see where you can edit the seconds, but it shows the seconds.

Badge +11

Ah ok, I get it!
Well, why would you be able to manage the seconds... ??

Somebody would select the date and time but not the seconds... I wouldn't happy.png
You are right, you cannot manage the seconds within the properties but the formatDate() is the one to use in order to make the seconds show up properly otherwise it will be always 00 in seconds  as standard.