Pause Until Date in the Past

• 11 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

We have a workflow that uses the Pause Until action + a date on the item form. Sometimes the date would be in the past. Is it normal for the workflow to stall in the Pause Until past date mode forever, or is there an expectation that it would go through the step without the pause?.. This is an inquiry about Nintex Workflow in SharePoint 2013. We are migrating from SharePoint 2010 to 2013, and it seems that this behavior only happens in the migrated SharePoint 2013 site.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Maybeit would be a good idea to put the Pause Until inside a Run-if date >= Today.....

Badge +3

Of course, I understand that that's what I can do to achieve the effect I need. I was just trying to inquire about the typical expected behavior of the Pause Until action.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if I recall correctly, for past dates it pauses for one cycle resp. until next timer job wake up (SP2013)

Badge +3

Thank you, Marian! I'll still need to test it (currently, server issues holding me back), but it seems like that's what is supposed to happen. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Can you give me an example of what this looks like?

Scenario, traveler enters intended travel for a future date on a sharpeoint list:

1. Workflow will send a confirmation acknowledgement to traveler and to HR office of intended travel

2. A Pause til date "If today's date is >= Traveler's End Travel Date +3" was added in the workflow to reminder traveler to complete travel summary

The email reminder isn't sent when we approach that date. What am I doing wrong?