Problem with nintex form calculated value control

• 11 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

i am uisng nintex forms calculated value control with simple arithmetical operation and its working fine....But sometime its not displaying correct value instead its showing the text "OverFlow"..

6 replies

Badge +7

Can you include any print screens of the result and how you have the control configured?

Badge +2

Hi Chaddavis ,

Thanks for your response As of now i have fixed it from backend ie:in sharepoint list level,

i tried to replicate the issue but i can't  able to replicate,i will post with screen shot if i got the issue again

Thanks 

Badge +2

first screen shot is the formula used behind the calculated value . and the second one is the issue(Red boxed field), i have used calculated value control .

Badge +7

Unfortunately, I don't have a specific answer for you; however, I do have a couple ideas that might help in troubleshooting.

First, I'm curious if the lookup is returning an integer value. If not, that might be causing the issue. In your testing, you could try breaking the process into a couple different calculated fields. Use one for the lookup and then use another to do the math operation and point to the first calculated field. If you set the lookup calculated field to store its value as Generic first, and then later set it to Integer, see if there's a difference.

Secondly, since it looks like you're hardcoding the lookup parameters, you could just use a form variable for that portion. That way it's always stored in the variable and you can reference it as many times as you'd like in your other calculated fields.

Try those and let me know what you find.

Badge +2
No luck chaddavis ... but i have got some code reference from the java script libraries that has been referred by nintex form....in that they have logic for that "OVERFLOW" text

var shouldPropagateEvent=false;
if(isAsyncCall)
{
if(NWF.FormFiller.Functions.IsAsyncCircularReference(NWF.FormFiller.Functions.ChangeEventProcessedControls,resultControl.data("controlid"),asyncCallCount))
{
var overflowText="Overflow";
resultControl.find(".nf-calculation-control").html(overflowText);
resultValueControl.val(overflowText);

}
else
{
shouldPropagateEvent=true;
}

}
Userlevel 5
Badge +14