Get End Date to Workflow

Badge +1

As I can get the date and time in the workflow ends, I have my creation date but I need to know the end date and I want it to be when the Workflow ends.
I have several records that are "In Progress" and I need the date and time when they change to finished.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hola Esteban,

you won't be able to get the technical end date of the workflow, as it is set technically by the workflow engine.

However, you can place an "update item" action as the last action of your workflow and update an "End-Date"-Column to "Current Time". This will be some seconds before the technical finalization of the workflow but in general this is sufficient.

Would that help you?

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +8

You can end the workflow as shown below:

1. Add a Parallel Action, inside which add a Set Workflow Status and Set Field Value actions
  2. Configure the Set Workflow Status to update the workflow status to 'Completed'
  3. Configure the Set Field Value to update the current List Column to capture the workflow end date

Hope this helps.

201572_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +1

I'm trying to do what you mention, but can I see how you configured the Set Field Value?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Select your date field, then check the box for "Use date when action is executed".  

201629_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +1

Make the settings, but assign me the time at 12:00 AM not the time at which the workflow ends.

Change the status of the Workflow to Completed and neither.

201654_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +1

I worked making a change to your proposal.

201657_pastedImage_1.png

201658_pastedImage_2.png

201662_pastedImage_3.png