Infopath Form changes after publishing

• 15 December 2005
  • 4 replies

Badge +7
Hi again,

ok with the help of Renier I got my whole Infopath/K2 process working very well. But now I am facing another problem. I develope my Infopath from with Visual Studio, so I stared the solution and made some changes to my form(views). After that I published it again to the same destination on the webserver (overwrite). Guess that was not that good idea :). Finally I can not open my form any more, not with using the IE neither with using the DesignDocument option from K2. What can I do now ?
What are the steps if I want to make some changes to my form after I pulished it. I don't think that I have to design always a new K2 process running the wizard right ?

Thx in advance

4 replies

Badge +9
Every time you change the actual InfoPath document it is recommended that you refresh the InfoPath process, K2.net relies heavily on the Data Structure of the InfoPath form therefore is it important that the two stays synchronized. No need to build a new InfoPath process you can however open the properties of the existing InfoPath process and from the dropdown select the Refresh option.
Badge +7
Ok,

i did the refreshing but now it says "The following file is referenced in the .xsf file but is not part of the form: Submit.xml". That was anyway strange cos when i made some chnages first my process still worked but all of a sudden the k2 taskpane was not available anymore to sumbit the page. after that i wanted to create some custom submit button "found a description about that also in your forum" and then it didn't work anymore.
I deleted my button again and die the refreshing and getting the above mentioned error message now.
Some further suggestions ?

Oh my ... it's far to early in the morning

Additional question:

After what actions i have to exprot the K2 project again. Everytime when i changed something in k2 studio i assume. Right ?
Badge +9
It sounds to me that setting stored as part of the InfoPath doc has changed during the editing that you did, try the following: from the same dropdown mentioned in my previous reply select the Update Document settings option and complete the step.

Additional Answer
If anything changes in K2.net Studio related to the Project or Process you need to re-export to the K2.net Server

Let me know if it helped
Badge +7
Ok,

i guess we are coming closer.
I deleted in the manifest.xsf file node which was there from my old custom submit button (cltr_...) and published it new. Followed the steps you wrote jsut right now.
This is my new error message when i want to start thr process via the same drop down menue (or if i want to design it)

"Form template: http://luxdevas02/ARF/travel.xsn
The following file is either missing or not part of the form template: taskpane_new.htm

To add a file to the form template in design mode, click Resource Manager on the Tools menu, and then add the file you want."

By the way thx for support.