LazyApproval Settings

Badge +16

I understand the inheritance of the LazyApproval terms at site collection and site level that the terms come from the phrases in the farm (as outlined in this post ).  In my farm phrases I have "approved" and at my site collection level I have "approved".  If I respond to a lazy approval email with the term "approved" I get automated response saying "Your response was not able to be interpreted. Please try again with a clear indication of your chosen outcome."

If I "break" the inheritance by adding phrases at site collection level, these phrases should be taken into account when I reply to an email from a workflow.  I have added "cassy" as a term but when I reply to lazy approval for a workflow on that site I get the same error as above.  However, if I reply with "approve" it works fine.

This makes absolutely no sense to me - has anyone seen this before?

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi

I'm wondering if you contacted support for this issue - and if so - what was the outcome?

Cheers!

Rhia

Badge +16

Yes I did rhia and we are still going through troubleshooting! They've sent me the document to check everything is set up ok but I am at the mercy of our farm administrators and this is not getting moved along as quickly as I would like - still as soon as I have some answers I will pop them on here x

Badge +16

Update to this - had a call with Nintex Support today and we have confirmed that "approve" and "reject" are working but any other lazy approval terms are not.  Incredibly frustrating.  They are investigating further.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Please keep me updated, as I have also just experienced this issue and need to resolve it. I have the same list of terms, and had the same issue - submitted "Approved", got the email telling me it was invalid.

Badge +16

Ah maybe we have uncovered an issue then!! They have sent to development team as the first and second line didn't have an answer x

Badge +16

They did ask if we were multiple language environment so maybe that's an issue x

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Any updates on this at all? This is still a problem for a client of mine and we'd really like to have the ability to submit words other than "Approve" - seems default that users want to type "Approved"!

Badge +16

Yep I've got a reply will post it tomorrow. Something about multiple lines in the reply email. Does something get added in your client's email reply? 

Badge +16

Here was reply from support Rhia Wieclawek‌:

I have received a response from the Dev team and they have asked that I raise a defect request for this case. The reason is when the replied email contains more rows with 'Line break' before and after the LazyApproval phrase the LA fails. I'm afraid though we can't explain why 'approve' and 'reject' work. 

Moving forward, when the defect is raised it will be discussed in a triage meeting later this week and it will be given a rating. Then according to this rating that is when it will be fixed and released, when it is released I will contact you and supply the release with the fix.

Unfortunately I will not be able to give a time limit of when the fix will be released.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Ah interesting. Alright. Thank you,

I don't believe any additional lines are added in these emails .. I haven't noticed anything. I will have to take a closer look.

And, yeah, my question would be if it's line break / row related, then why the heck does approve / reject work..

Badge +16

An update for you ‌ - a defect is being raised as Nintex were finally able to replicate our issue (so we weren't just going mad!).

A workaround for now which works for us is to reply with the phrase and delete the rest of the email body!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Ahhhhh! Thank you, good to know!