installation issue

• 25 January 2008
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I just installed k2 black pearl sp1 successfully but when i try to open my k2 site i got the following error.

Error:
Initialization failed before PreInit: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Possible causes
- using anonymous logon in IIS while Windows security is specified in Workspace configuration
- current logged on user can not be verified against the Active Directory Membership provider
- please review log files for more information

Please guide me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

ravi

6 replies

Badge +9

A few suggestions to try:

1. Add the Active Directory port number into the workspace web.config

<add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://YOUR_DOMAIN_NAME_HERE:389" />

2. Confirm that Kerberos is setup correctly (if required)

3. Reinstall Workspace

HTH

Badge +1

Hi,

Thanks for your email. Actually we dont have Active Directory ....can you tell me is K2 will run without AD.

Thanks,

Ravi

Badge +9
It is my understanding that Active Directory domain accounts are required to run the K2 Host Server service and Workspace application pool.
Badge +1
did you add multiple domains?
Badge +3
I'm having the same issue. Did you find the solution?
Badge +3
Nevermind, I figured it out... I had installed the K2Workspace to the Default Web Site in IIS (which, by default, only has Anonymous access enabled). Solution: In IIS go to web site properties, Directory Security tab and edit the site security. Uncheck anonymous access. Check integrated Windows auth, and Digest security. Put full domain name in the Realm. Works!