Many domains referenced in the default security label = timeout

Badge +8

We've just switched to real life conditions, with now 20+ worldspread domains in the K2 security label, and everytime a user opens an Infopath form (part of a workflow), it takes more than 30 seconds to retrieve the actions associated to the form, leading to a timeout (the timeout is on the K2 Blackpearl web service, not on Infopath as I increased the latter to 60 seconds). Then you get the Infopath windows asking whether you want to continue or start over, and clicking "Start Over" finally loads the form and the K2 actions.

2 days earlier, when I had only two domains, it took only few seconds.

It's like if K2 Blackpearl was browsing all the domains to get the destination user's actions.

Can we do something, or are we sentenced to timeout errors forever?

2 replies

Badge +4
I'd love to know the answer to this one. I'm getting 30+ seconds just looking up people in one domain...
Badge +9

Just some questions.

1) Is this SP1?

2) Are the domain controllers for each of the specified domains local to the network where the K2 server is? i.e. query traffic is not going over the WAN links (if any)

Also did you try setting Console logging to "Full" and run it in Console Mode to trace which call is slow?

I would advise logging a support ticket and escalating this if it is impacting your implementation.