Sending new item form data to multiple lists and dynamic forms

Badge +1

Hello,

I was asked if two functions were possible using Nintex and, since I had little clue and did not find much, I am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

Function 1: Can a new item form contain fields that send data to other lists. For example, in a form asking about a movie you saw, the title, actor and director would go to the initial list where the user clicked New Item. Information on the movie studio would be entered on the same form, but go to a different list. I am pretty sure this can be done on a workflow, but can it be setup directly from the form itself?

Function 2: Can the fields in a form change based on a previous selection. For example if a choice at the top of a form asked for your profession, and each profession had a different set of fields that needed to be filled in, is it possible to have only those fields relevant to that initial choice appear? I suspect that it is might be done with custom code but I am not very good with those skills.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

Dan

PS: I hope I have the right category to ask this question. If I do not, please let me know and I'll post it to the right area. Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

1. nintex forms are strongly bound to a single list, so they can not save data to two different lists OOTB.

that's typically done with workflows as you've already learned, if really needed.

I'd recommend you go this way.

theoretically, it could be possible from from as well if you wrote a javascript that would handle it, but it would be really complex.

2. you do not need any custom code for this. it can be achieved with formatting rules.

a good practice is to place all the controls that should show/hide together on the same condition into one panel control and apply formatting rule to the panel control.

Badge +11

I recommend ‌'s solutions.

Badge +1

Thank you, Marian. I have been working on the workflow route and I think I am on the right track. Thank you very much for your help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

great to hear that.

if you are satisfied with the answer please mark it correct.