Task Delegation Permission

• 18 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge

We would like to delegate the workflow task if the user is Out of office, What are the minimum permission required for Task Delegation.

As per my testing till now it seems the user should have full control permission on site level to delegate the task, Is it correct or any less permission is sufficient .

Note : We dont want to give full control over the site for task delegation, If there is no option then we have to .

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

you're right. The user will need site level full permission to open the task that is not assigned to him and delegate it.

Depending on how much lists you have, you could limit the users permissions on the lists that you need to.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +16

Have you seen this? 

Badge +9

Hi Prabhu P‌, Have you found an answer to your question. 

We're facing the same issue. I basically want to give full control or "Manage user permissions" on the workflow task list and I tried giving the user even full control on the specific list item to delegate its tasks. but none of that works. I found that I have to give the user full permission over the full site to do that, which we definitely don't want. Any solution or workaround you came up with?! 

Badge +1

Hello

Set-up a workflow that delegate tasks using the Call Web Service: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Setting-up-the-DelegateTask-Web-Service/td-p/75407