ListView Save action

• 12 February 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

HI,

I am resposting again about the list view save option not working issue. Please take a look at the documentation attached and I do hope that someone can help in overcoing this issue or save action just work for the smartbox smartobject only.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Edit your smarobject and uncheck "Required" from the ID property.

wish this helps

Badge +9

Hi Mustafa,

I tried with removing the required field in the ID property. I did every possible options, ID is a primary key in database table and in the Smartobject, I changed its data type to autonumber or even int. INothing worked for me. However when I tried to do same thing in the smartobject created in the smartbox, it works perfectly fine. Can you please check if it work at your end when table is created in the custom database, not in K2 database.

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi IPO,

I always create SQL tables and it works fine for me.

What version of K2 are you working on? can I have the table/DB script to have a look at it?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear  ,

just 1 try i want u to do , nt sure if it makes sense or not ,

i do believe u r using "Design View" , when u right click on ur smart object ,

will u try using "Generate View" and choose editable list ?

wont take couple minutes tho , just do it and try its save method , is it gonna be binded correctly or still gonna give u the same error .

Regards.

Badge +9

I solved this issue. If custom table is used, ID field should be primary key and if you want to save as autogenerated value, then make this as uniqueidentifier data type and create a smartobject. No need to add this ID field while creating Views and Forms, SQL will take care of itself and it works perfectly fine.