Help! Approval process

Badge

I have been struggling with this... for some time now. I have Nintex 2010 and am using an InfoPath form to create a list in Sharepoint that Nintex is referencing. At the approval process in the Workflow, I have tried numerous options to allow the process to complete with an Approval and an Approval letter to the End User. When I fill out the form it works fine, but when I send it to the end user, the task shows "error occurred" and the "Status" column shows "Processing". I have used the "Approved" task box as seen in the picture, I have used the "Approval Status" as seen grayed out in the picture and others. The other legs of the approval process work, as they go the approvers to get approved, but the Auto approval process will not work and errors out at that point in the workflow error screen. Also, I would love to see the Workflow error screen on all the processes that fail, but I can only access it from the email returned from the workflow of one of the employees.

2 replies

Badge +16

‌ I have to admit; I am a little confused by what you are trying to achieve and what issues you have run into.

You say your InfoPath form is creating a list?  or do you mean an item?  and when you say you have a nintex workflow on that list, do you mean you have a list workflow?  how does that workflow run (manually/on item creation/on item modification etc)?

The approval process - is this with a flexi task?  Who is it assigned to?  and when exactly is the error occurring?

Sorry for all the questions but I can't begin to offer any advice until I understand the scenario.

Badge +8

Hi Gairy,

With the information you have provided, I can imagine the issue is related to permissions. That is the direction I would investigate.

I am not sure what you mean with 'Workflow error screen', but perhaps you mean the 'Workflow History'. This page is accessable from the item content menu:

Select the correct workflow, and voilà happy.png

Cheers,

Rick