Smartbox SmO added to SP Workflow does not update with changes

• 17 December 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

Symptoms

I added a SmartObject to a SharePoint Site to use in a workflow. Later on, I needed to edit that same SmartObject to add a property and use that new property in the same workflow. After doing so, when returning to the WF designer, I noticed that the changes didn't reflect in the wizard to show the new property of the SmartObject .
Additionally, the wizards do not seem smart enough to reflect the changes even after re-adding the "fixed" or changed SmartObject . So in my workflow, there are "Save" SmartObject events that show the old SmartObject properties and SmartObject events showing the changes, which is weird and inconsistent. Everything should be consistent across the board.

I would like to put in a request to have any changes in added Smartbox SmartObject to SharePoint sites to automatically reflect those changes instead if it's not a bug.

Diagnoses

When working with SmartObjects in K2 for SharePoint 2013/Appit, any time you make a change to a SmartObject definition i.e. add or remove a property, you have to go back in the "K2 For SharePoint: Manage SmartObjects" page and remove and then re-add the SmartObject reference in order for that change to be reflected.

Also, the change does not automatically reflect in the SmartObject step if used in a workflow... this is because we store that information in the process XML for the workflow. So the workflow still has the data for the old SmartObject definition. You have to delete the SmartObject step and then re-add it in order to see the updated change(s) that was made to the underlying SmartObject.

Resolution

This has been logged as a feature request and linked to an existing TFS item to be addressed in a future update.

1 reply

Badge +4

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I had created one Stored Proc & used its SMO in Workflow at multiple places in EMAIL ACTIVITY.

It has like 10 parameters. I added one more parameter & updated the SMO.

But in Worklfow it is not showing the newly added parameter ( & there is no refresh button for schema like in SMO Event).

Can anyone please suggest a way?

Rgds,

Nirav