Orphaned records in the HumanWorkflowApprovers table

• 3 January 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Before Go Live, I need to clean out data from a farm.  There's one primary site collection where workflows run, and they capture Nintex Workflow data into a specific Nintex Workflow content database.  I've manually stopped all running workflow instances and deleted all the items and tasks from the site collection and emptied the recycle bin.  After running NWAdmin -o purgeWorkflowData to remove records for my 9 workflows in question from the Nintex Workflow content database, I am left with an empty HumanWorkflow table.  However, the HumanWorkflowApprovers table and the HumanWorkflowApproversMetadata tables are not empty.

This raises some questions:

1. Why is there still data in these tables even though the HumanWorkflow table is empty?
  2. Are these orphaned records?
  3. Can I just delete them with DELETE T-SQL statements?
  4. If I don't, will my Nintex Report and Chart web parts show incorrect results?

1 reply

Badge +3

Hi I have same question because treshold for Nintex 2013 is 50k records.

Even if I have clean WorkflowProgress and history Lists, still there a lot of orphaned records from last.

Could I delete by T-sql statement, or is it possible do it by nwadmin command?

Otherwise here is nice article what this DB means :

https://community.nintex.com/t5/How-To-s/Accessible-Tables-for-Nintex-Workflow-History/ta-p/87010?q=HumanWorkflowApprovers&collapse_discussion=true&search_type=thread