Working with K2 BlackPearl and K2.Net 2003

• 5 December 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Share my experience about 2 versions: K2.Net 2003 and K2 BlackPearl,

A long time, i installed K2.Net 2003 and working with it, when K2 BlackPearl launching. I installed K2 BlackPearl, but i don't want uninstall K2.Net 2003. So, working with K2 BlackPearl appear many errors that i can't control or config 2 platforms (such as: One of these are Workflow Design can not Update). Finally, uninstall K2.Net 2003, everything OK.

I hope no one have the same problem.

Regards,

1 reply

Badge +10

For testing purposes I have had both K2 2003 and BlackPearl on the same virtual machine although I'm sure its not a support configuraiton.  You just can't have the K2 2003 service and the BlackPearl service running at the same time as there would be a port conflict on port 5252.  That may have been the cause of the configuration errors you receive.

Most of the time I find it useful to have K2 Studio 2003 installed on my BlackPearl developer workstation so that I can take advantage of the K2 2003 event templates in the BlackPearl designer that do not have equivalent functionality in BlackPearl.  This configuration is discussed in the BlackPearl Getting Started Guide and is supported with 807.