Delegation or Redirect of Task - Does the delegate become the destination user?

Badge +9

In my process, I have an activity which does the following:
Set permissions on a document (stored in a MOSS document library) so that only destination users can update it.
Assign an Infopath client task to the destination users so that they can review the document.

If this task is redirected, or delegated, does the activity get run again, so that the new destination user (the user that the task has been delegated or redirected to) will now have permissions to update the document?

Below is an example which may help to clarify my question:
The activity is assigned to user A - this results in the permissions on the document being set so that only User A can edit the document
User A redirects the task to user B so that User B can complete the task

Does user B now have the ability to edit the document?

Is it possible to configure K2 so that UserB will have the ability to edit the document?

Thanks in advance for any guidance on this.

7 replies

Badge +10

I do not believe that the activity will get planned again so that the event setting the permissions will once again run.  I believe that it will just set the properties for the new user.  Perhaps....If you did plan per destination it would work, but I would have to test that.  I have not tried.

Anyone done this?

Badge +9

I am currently planning per destination, but the user that the task is redirected to does not end up with permissions on the document.

There must be a way of making this happen - it would seem to make redirecting a task a bit pointless, if the only thing that is redirected is the user activity, and not the other activities that should be completed (which clearly could depend on who the destination user is)?

Badge +9
Delegation and Redirect change permissions on the specific K2 worklist item only, not anything else.  It does NOT re-execute the entire activity.  Thus in your scenario where you have explicity set document permissions in a predecessor server event, the delegate/redirect does not trigger this event to be rerun.
Badge +5

I had use api to redirect the new user.

when i use  worklistitem.release()   and worklistitem.redirect()

Can recieve the notification mail. But i want to reciece the Notification custom Desginser mail  Not Default mail template. ???

Can use some method to receive the notification mail

TKS

Badge +9

Hi Bob,

Thanks very much for confirming that. I will have to take that into consideration when assigning permissions.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Badge

arduk, I'm faced with the same situation. What was your workaround?  Thanks!

Badge +9

I didn't really get a workaround - luckily the business were happy to relax the security a little bit, so that I was not required to set permissions for each individual user, but rather could do it for a group.

A possible way of working around this may be to create a custom redirect page, which will carry out the same actions as carried out in the workflow, but for the new user??

Sorry I can't be more helpful!