Error can not publish Workflow with \request data\"-Action"

Badge +2

I can not publish a workflow which contains "request data"-action. I have tested most of the other action and can publish them.

Only with "request data" i get following error:

System: Sharepoint 2013 + Nintex 2013 on premise

can someone help me how to fix this?

thanks a lot

felix

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hey Felix,

the error states that SPWorkflowTaskProperties is not authorized in web.config file. It's a SharePoint component and not provided by Nintex. Is this a new Nintex or SharePoint installation?

Can you run other workflow without any problems?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +2

Hi Enrico,

it is a new Sharepoint installtion with Nintex.

Other Workflows (with different Actions) i can run. Only the "request data"-Action causes this error

kind regards

Felix

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Felix,

hmm that could be everything. It's hard to point you to possible causes. I'd suggest you open a ticket at Nintex and try to solve it with them.

Sorry.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +11

Hi Felix,

do you have access to your server and can check the web.config file of your web application?

Inside mine i have the following:

<authorizedType Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow" TypeName="SPWorkflowTaskProperties" Authorized="True" />

You can try to update your web.config file manually with this but don't forget to backup that file before editing as it is very important.

You can access your web.config via IIS or via file explorer (C:inetpubwwwrootwssVirtualDirectoriesYourWebApp).

Best Regards

Philipp

Badge +2

unfortunately I do not have access to the server config. but I will forward the info to our server team.

thanks for your help