Installing K2.net SQL User Manager (v3.4201.1.0)

• 24 October 2003
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +7

- Please ensure that you read the 'ReadMe' file included in the download prior to installing the patch.
- The K2.net 2003 SQL User Manager is not supported by the K2.net Support Team. It is therefore recommended that the components are tested thoroughly prior to implementation into a production environment.

===== Superceded information ======
For K2.net SQL User Manager v3.3295.1.0, there is a known setup issue.
The installation will not overwrite the following file, C:Program FilesK2.net 2003K2WSWorkspaceBinWorkSpace.dll. Please manually replace this file, by extracting from the installation ZIP at K2.net_Server_SQLUM-3.3295.1.0/program files/K2.net 2003/K2WS/Workspace/Bin/WorkSpace.dll.

2 replies

Badge
I have installed the SQL User Manager Beta, but now cannot login to K2 Workspaces.

I manually created a user by adding a username/password to the SQL Server database - I can login to the service manager and users created in the manner can be added to rules within Studio.

I receive the following ASP.NET error when trying to login (use domain name of SQL Server as validation fails if I do not enter a value for this)

Redirect URI cannot contain newline characters.

Stack trace is

System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url, Boolean endResponse) +539
System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url) +7
WorkSpace.WorkSpace1.CreateSession()
WorkSpace.WorkSpace1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad (EventArgs e) + 67
System.Web.UI.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

Using ASP.NET v1.1 (tried to use 1.0 but application complains about incompatible version).

Regards

Stef Shoffren
Badge +7

The K2.net SQL User Manager is no longer a beta component. The current version is v3.4201.1.0, compatible with K2.net 2003 SP1 and K2.net 2003 SP1a. The component is available for downloading to customers and partners at the SourceCode Customer and Partner Portal.

===== Superceded information ======
There is a newer build of the SQL User Manager. It addresses some instances where user names with special characters such as underscores, are not able to login to the K2.net Workspace.

Download the latest build of SQL User Manager (v3.3322.1.0) at [link removed][/color:572416e1fc]

This newer build has a new feature that supports 'Integrated SQL Authentication' for the user manager. This means that you don't have to use the 'sa' user for accessing SQL Server should you not want to. Note therefore that if Integrated SQL Authentication is used, then the users must log into their machines with a username that has rights to the DB