Approving flexi task quickly results in error

Badge +3

Hi All,

I have many state machine workflows running on my Site collection. All of them are having flexi task creation action for getting approvals. Now a days users started to receive error messages saying "No item exists at http://url/Lists/Workflow Tasks/EditForm.aspx?ID=3144",  when they click on the approval link in the email. It happens only when the user tries to click on the email as soon as the email is received. If they click on it after few minutes then they are able to approve it without any error.

Can any of you help me on this. I searched with the correlation id and i was unable to find anything more than this No item exists error message.

It happens only to task form which is edited using nintex forms. If it's not edited then there's no issue. Also it takes approximately 1 minutes to load properly.

Thank You,

Sreejith

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

sharepoint needs a little time to create a task, setup permissions, etc.

so it may happen, if you immediately click on notification link, not everything is setlled down yet.

if it takes much longer time then usually resp. much longer then timer job cycle, I would suggest to look on sharepoint's load/performance.

Badge +3

Hi Frank & Maria,

Thank you for your comments.

May be Marian's points can be the reason, but in this case are there any workarounds. Once the mail is in the user's inbox, they can click at any point of time. It doesn't take much longer time, but i will try with timer job restarting..

Are there any ways to delay the mail sending (Task is created through flexi task) / or try to help me find the root cause.

Any of you are experiencing this sort of issues, are you guys able to try out this. It's really easy to replicate, just create a flexi task and try to approve the moment mail reaches your inbox.

Badge +3

Hi,

I tried many times and i was able to find that it takes approximately 1 minute for properly getting the approval page (ie, the editform.aspx).

In between, while i refreshed it and i continued to get the same error. 

Badge +3

Dear All,

Any other helpful pointers.

Thank You,

Sreejith

Badge +3

Dear All , There's an update on this, I noticed that the email notification reaches my inbox even before the task gets created. Any help please. How to delay the email notification / How to ensure that the task got created before the email triggering. Please help

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

first of all I would check performance.

next thing that might cause that task creation takes too much time is big workflow task list.

so check how many entries you have there and if possible clean it. (re)indexing task list might help a bit either. or you can create brand new task list for this specific workflow.

workaround:

do not use flexi task's built in notification.

put flexi task into run parallel action and into second branch put pause for action to make some delay followed by send notification action

Badge +3

Hi Marian,

Thank you so much for all your help. I think, i may have to go with the workaround. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

great!

please mark a correct answer.