Enter text into Dropdownlist control

• 11 January 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I am very much new to the K2. I need a quick help for one of the task in my project. I need a dropdownlist which allows user to enter text in it as well as selecting the item(ie., it has to behave as dropdown and textbox control at a time). Please suggest a solution

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rajesh

5 replies

Badge +4

Hi Rajesh,

The only control I can think of would be the "Autocomplete" control. If the user needs to be able to enter text that is not in the datasource you would most probably need to build one.

HTH

Jurie

Badge +2

Hi Jurie,

Thanks for your reply.

I have used 'AutoComplete' control but it is not meeitng our requirement as we needs to enter the text and can able to see the available items also. So is it possible to build our own custom control to meet this requirement?

Please suggest

Thanks again

Regards

Rajesh

Badge +4

You can build your own controls but its not supported in Appit. Unfortunatly there isnt a control that would give you that behaviour at the moment. None that I know of anyway.

Regards

Jurie

Badge +2

Ok Jurie. Thanks for your replies.

Badge +2

Hi Juria,

Just to inform you, I have found a control 'Choice' which meets nearly to my requirement (not completely). In this control 'Choice' we have to select the property 'Display Type' as 'DropdownList' and check the 'Allow own value' property. Then the control will displayed as Dropdowlist with textbox along with radiobuttons in which we can select either of the one based on our requirement.

Please find below image for the refernce

14998i57BB6F24230FD0F1.png

Thanks

Rajesh