Query list and update Item Not working

• 22 April 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

I know this has worked in the past, but I'm currently unable to get the Query List and Update Item actions to work the way I think they should.  I've resorted to completely stripping this out of my project to test this functionality.  I'm hoping someone can point out the error in my way...I'm expecting the email to show me the variable results.  My ultimate goal is to populate a collection with the list id and then update each a column in the list based on a filter.

Step 1:  Query the List

183095_pastedImage_0.png

Test Showing the Query returns Values:

183096_pastedImage_1.png

Step 2:  Send email to capture Query results.

183097_pastedImage_2.png

9 replies

Badge +16

what data types are those variables?

Badge +2

183104_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +16

assume title and ticker are single lines of text in the list also?

Badge +16

Just to be clear - will there only ever be one match for that value?  if not, you will need to store into a collection and work with each item in the collection to get the data.

I have just created a simple list:  ID, Title, Ticker (Single Line of Text)

Created workflow with query list action:

QueryListTicker.PNG

Run now returns:

RunNow.PNG

vID is type List Item ID, vTextTitle is Single Line of Text, vTextTicker is Single Line of Text.

I used Log in History List action to output data:

LogInHistoryList.PNG

Manually ran my workflow, looked at history and it's there:

Output.PNG

Not sure what the differences are between mine and yours.  the one thing that might be an issue is if the query were to return more than one item but that doesn't look to be the case in your screenshots above.

Badge +2

That is exactly what I'm expecting.  This use to work for me.  I have other workflows that use these actions, but they have not been ran for a few weeks.  We recently upgraded to version 3.1.7.10.  Do you mind checking and letting me know which version you are running?  Also, thank you for taking the time to create this scenario.

Badge +16

I will check later tonight and let you know  

May be worth raising a ticket with Nintex?

Badge +16

Badge +2

Cassy thank you for your feedback.  Since this worked for you I decided to start from scratch with a new list.  By doing so I was able to query a list and return the results.  I went back to look at my initial workflow and the issue is with a choice column using a drop down.  I'm not sure why this would cause a problem, but it's an easy workaround.  Again thanks for taking a look at this.

Badge +16

no worries...  be sure to mark the problem as resolved so that it no longer appears in the unanswered section.