Nintex Workflow cannot read an attachment list item

• 11 January 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hello all, i'm currently working with Nintex Mobile Forms. I am creating Leave Request Form and there's many leave type that must have a supporting document to fulfill the requirements. If users don't attach some file, the workflow will reject the request.

Here's my story.. When i submit the request with an attachment from Nintex Mobile Forms using Android Phone, it will trigger the workflow to run. And i already add condition to check whether attachment exists or not. But nintex workflows keeps telling me from log in history list that attachment does not exists (even i already give an attachment). I also already tried checking from web services (Web_URL_vti_binlist.asmx), and the result still same.

Then i tried, get value from Item Properties attachment.. and the result return false (still same).

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Kenny,

I understood that you're creating an item from Nintex Mobile and/or from within SharePoint and you also upload an attachment.

The attachment is shown in SharePoint but you're unable to access the attachment via web services or item properties, is that right?

What output do you get when you call the Lists.GetAttachmentCollection method of lists web service? Is it just empty?

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +2

Hello Enrico, that's right.
The output that i got is empty. I also tried with another method that implemented on web services too.

SPWeb web = SPContext.Current.Web;
bool IsAttachmentAvailable = false;
web.AllowUnsafeUpdates = true;
SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(delegate()
{
SPList List = web.Lists[Custom_List];
SPQuery query = new SPQuery();
query.Query = @"<Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='Title' /><Value Type='Text'>" + Request_No + "</Value></Eq></Where>";
query.RowLimit = 1;
SPListItemCollection items = List.GetItems(query);

foreach (SPListItem item in items)
{
if (item.Attachments.Count > 0)
{
   IsAttachmentAvailable = true;
}
}

});

and it always return false.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm, if you see the attachment in the UI you should also see it in the attachments collection. That behaviour is strange. Can you try to set up a new list, allow attachments there and try it again there? Just for checking if the list is somehow broken.

Badge +2

i tried with a new list and allow the attachments like you said.

Then capture if attachment is available or not with Log in History list action.

And it works. 

i'm getting confused about this..

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Strange indeed. Can you rebuild your whole scenario in the new list as it works there or do you already have too much data in your original list?

Badge +2

Unfortunately, i can't do that.

We've already launched our application using nintex form with desktop version. The original list is already have about 3000 data and still growing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi ‌ - were you able to reach out to support & resolve this? What happened with your issue?