looking for inspiration?

• 27 August 2014
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

let the Nintex staffers know what topics you want them to cover. Simply reply to this discussion..if you know something isn't possible but still want to raise it. The best place for these requests is http://nintex.uservoice.com

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Workflow Governance.

I see many environments that have been rocking the Nintex world in their corporation, then suddenly find themselves with orphaned wfs, Nintex databases at 80GB, history lists well over 5000 items, thousands of published workflows and 10k running workflows at the same time.

This would range from,

• Strategy
    • how to plan ahead for stable environment
  • server governance including database usage and maintenance
  • workflow management
    • # of designers
    • users with permissions to publish that shouldn't (as in only one role should be able to and not all users)
    • workflow reuse
    • UDA use
    • workflow retirement
    • correct action use (do not have a Log to History List action after each action in a production workflow)
    • permission managing actions (removing some actions form the toolbox)
  • Site Management
    • managing history lists
    • reporting and measuring
      • workflow performance and #
      • action use
      • task bottleneck
Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I would love to see a roadmap for planned features and bug fixes, which for any specific item doesn't have to be set in stone (because we understand that things happen), but it would give us a good idea of what to expect in the near future as far as updates and fixes over the next few months.  This would also enable us to better help our customers understand the timelines surrounding bug fixes as well as new features that will be added.

In the current user voice forum you have items marked as "Under Review" and "Planned" .... but a general timeline that was transparent would be extremely helpful as well. Customers often ask "when will that happen?" and I'd like to be able to give them some solid advice.

Sincerely,
Mike

Badge +17

Donna,

On this, it really depends on what you are really trying to do.  If you are using content types then you could have a different form/view per content type.  You could also use sections to achieve some of this as well.  Start up a new discussion/question and post it so we don't hijack this thread, but I think Nintex Forms may be able to achieve some of what you are after.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Governance also here.

Besides this I would love to finally see multi page forms in nintex forms. 

What also would be nice is kind of syntax highlighting in formulas or runtime/inline functions or regular expressions in workflow and forms.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I would also welcomed full featured script/code editor!

it's really a pain to edit javascript code within 6 lines of plain text box, with it's own strange formatting rules, and due to references no possibility to copy&paste code to external editor.