Solved

How to edit a form that was rejected before resubmit in workflow cloud

• 15 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I have a form that was submitted for approval.  The form was rejected because some information was missing.  I would like to know how to edit the rejected form before resubmitting for approval again.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Garrett 15 February 2023, 18:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @madcowdz 

You need to ask your Nintex Developer how they designed the Form. Depending on your Developer’s application design it may or may not be possible to re-edit the rejected Form

So, depending on design, you may be able to re-edit the Form and resend for Approval. 
or,

you need to submit a fresh new form for Approval because your previous Form was rejected and a record of the transaction is being kept for Audit purposes 

In my organization, once a form has completed it workflow cycle, its transaction records is kept for audit purposes. If a form was rejected, a new fresh application will has to be made.

Hope that helps

Badge +1

Hi!

What action would I need to use to allow the submitter to re-edit the form and resend for approval?  Or how should it be designed in order to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @madcowdz 

Manual Method
 - Allow Initiator (the Form submitter) to edit the form.
 - SP Admin manually re-runs the workflow on that item

Workflow Method
 - At the Approval stage, a Reject/Decline outcome will flow back to add incomplete or missing information. This is usually done using a STATE MACHINE

Read more here

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2019/current/#sp2019/Workflow/ActionsCore/StateMachine.htm

Badge +1

Hi,

Does this work for Nintex Workflow Cloud too?  I was able to get this to work in Nintex O365 but not in NWC.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Does this work for Nintex Workflow Cloud too?  I was able to get this to work in Nintex O365 but not in NWC.

Thanks

Did you meant the restart method?

Nintex O365 - Form is editable, Can re-run workflow

NWC - Form (O365 Form is editable)(NWC Start Form is not editable), Can re-run workflow instance

If you are using NWC Form, then its not possible to edit the form. Re-running a NWC workflow instance means using the Form with the same Start Event values. 

You need to submit a new form if you are using NWC Forms

Badge +1

Thank you! I’m using NWC and wanted to know how to edit the form before resubmitting.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @madcowdz