Nintex forms only for customising list?

Badge +8

Hello All,

Have been using Nintex for quite some time and have been wondering if Nintex forms can only be used to customise Nintex lists or is there any other uses as well? If I have to create a custom page which can access few lists (or a landing page) is there a way through Nintex or should I only resort to SharePoint Pages development?

Regards,

Shrini

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what would you expect to do on this custom/landing page?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Usually you will use  Nintex Forms in context of a list.

However it is possible to have site workflows with a customized Nintex start form and integrate this start form in a landing page to let it do something.

Would that be an option for you?

Badge +7

In addition to list forms, you could use NINTEX Forms to customise TASK Forms : not for creating/editing items, but to help users complete their tasks providing some informations.  

Badge +8

Hi Marian,

I was contemplating on maximizing the use of Nintex forms.. it could be creating a landing page and trying to use Nintex forms variables/calculations etc rather than resort to SP webparts.

We could also try to combine functionality of two or more list into a single page... Hope it clears the question.

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +8

Hi Enrico,

Thanks very much for your reply, Nintex task start forms would only be associated with Nintex workflows i.e. the data and functionality has to be workflow driven ...

I was trying to see how all I can use Nintex forms features and functionality other than customising only Nintex forms. When we develop a solution for a product generally we cant only rely on list being edited, there could be scenarios where we might need a custom page which probably might interact with more than one list.

Before devising any solution I wanted to check if we could make any better use of Nintex forms or resort to SP forms development. From all the answers I see here I think Nintex forms are very much limited to list and might not have any other innovative workarounds.

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +8

Hi Thomas,

Thanks very much for your reply .. I was trying to see if there is any more options other than customising List forms or Task forms .. but from all the comments here I guess Nintex forms is constrained only to Single List customisation or making it workflow driven and customising Task forms..

Regards,

Shrini

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

as already mentioned in other posts, nintex form is bound to list or workflow. so it provides way to customize interface to entry list or workflow data.

it provides ways how to display data from other lists/sources but not edit.

so it would be hard to use it as general purpose sharepoint page design tool.

Badge +8

Yes Marian, thanks very much that's what I was expecting, only wanted to bring out here just to see if there were any innovative ways people have used this before.

Regards,

Shrini