Nintex Mobile Barcode using

• 11 December 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

Can we scan a barcode with Nintex mobile and the application opens a file corresponding to the scanned product, please ?
Thanks for your answer

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you provide more details on your use case?

do you really mean (2D) barcodes or are/can they be QR codes?

how does 'barcode' content relates to a file you want to open? is it its full path/URL or just kind of its ID?

what's exactly meant with 'file'? is it something local to device, is it some resource on your sharepoint, is it an external resource?

does it have to be opened from nintex mobile? plenty of bar-/QR-code reader apps are capable of interpret the code read and execute action from the code (open a web page, open an application...)

Badge +1

I have a Sharepoint list with lots of lines and a barcode column. With a second list, I would like that when I scan a barcode, it finds the informations of the corresponding item of the first list. The second list is created on the model of the first.

Thank you for you answer Marian.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'm sorry, but this still doesn't make it clear for me what exactly would yo like to do.

could you describe you business case and post some examples?

what's the content of 'barcode column'? is it kind of unique identifier?

Badge +1

I will try to be clearer

barcode column contains an unique identifier, and I want to use this specificity when i'm using a second list, with a form with a tablet (for example). When I use the camera on the barcode, the new form find the informations in the first list.

I hope to be clear...

thank you for your patience

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

this is unfortunately not possible with nintex mobile app.

that would need lookup back to sharepoint list and lookup function is not supported on nintex mobile.

it would however be possible with ordinary desktop form.

if you work with tablets, they should have screens big enough to work with desktop form on them. so that might be an option for you.

Badge +1

Thank you for your answer.

Have a nice day !

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if this answered your question please mark it as correct answer.