Problem with Redirect and Release in Workspace

• 9 October 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello everyone,

During testing our processes we encountered a problem with the release and redirect function in the Workspace. We tried to release a worklistitem whose status is "open". The function we use is:  Workspace: <servername> -> Workflow Server -> Worklists. After selecting the worklistitem the Delegate, Redirect and Release buttons turn black. After pressing the Release button, the screen is processing and after while it shows again the worklistitems but nothing changed. Even after refresh, the item we released has still status "open" instead of "available". Redirecting has the same effect: the destination doesn't change. If we try this with another item with status "open" evrything works fine. I do have workflow server admin rights.

Could somebody help?

Regards, Ruud

2 replies

Badge +5

Hi Ruud,

I've seen this issue before if the Process Folio, Event Name or  Activity Name contains a double space, Tab or NewLine character.

This has been logged as a known issue and will be fixed in the next major release of K2 blackpearl.

Unfortunately the only way to get past this issue is  to write a custom application using the SourceCode.Workflow.Management API to redirect, delegate or release the item. I have sent you a code sample via email to perform this.

Kind Regards,

Gert

Badge +2

Hello Gert,

Thanks for the fast reply. I hope we'll fix the problem in the process and otherwise we'll built our own application to make the delegate/redirect/release functions available.

Kind regards,

Ruud