Configuring Process Start Rule SmO Method

• 30 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have a workflow in Visual Studio that starts when an item is added to a SP document library, however there are some exceptions as to when it should actually start.  I need to pass data into a datafield in order to determine if the workflow should begin.  Is it possible to call a smartobject method and map the return property to a data field within the process start rule?  Any detailed information would be appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Mh

Thanks for posting you question on our community it is much appreciated

Could you possible attach a screenshot of this behavouir you would like to achieve?

The only suggestion that comes to mind is Sharepoint 2013 process event in the workflow (See below image)

11033i2CFCF9270D9C7515.jpg

Hope this help

Regards

Badge +1

Thank you for your response.  I already have the SP process wizard configured to start when an item is added.  However, I need it to only start when a document is added to the library.  Currently the workflow is firing when a document set or folder is added to the library.

What is the best way for the workflow to identify the type of item added to the library and determine if it should start?  

15421i3C8B64A0CF0D5D8E.jpg