The logged on user does not have Administrator rights in K2 Server. Please add this user to the Administrators group in K2 server.

Badge +1

I am having a tough time with this and in need of some help.

I have 2 servers:

• k2dev is the K2 server
  • sptest is the SharePoint server

BlackPearl installed correctly on the K2 server, and the SharePoint components and tools installed correctly on the SharePoint server.

When I log in as the "K2 Admin Account" and open Central Admin on the SharePoint server, I can go to the "K2 for SharePoint" section. However, the "Activate all k2 features" page shows the error "The logged on user does not have Administrator rights in K2 Server. Please add this user to the Administrators group in K2 server." three times at the top.

Also, I get the same error when I try to view any of the settings in the K2 Managament Console page.

• I am logged in as the K2 Admin user in Central Admin of the SharePoint server
  • The K2 Admin user is part of the Administrator group on the K2 Server and the SharePoint server
  • The K2 Service user is part of the Administrators group on the K2 Server and the SharePoint Server

Why am I getting this error?  Did I miss something in setting up rights?

Thank you for your replies.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

The logged in user (the one which credentials IE is running) needs to be added to the K2 Server rights. Navigate to Workspace > Management Console > Workflow server > Server rights and grant the user Admin rights there.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +5

i have the same issue ,, but i am using K2 BlackPoint , so i dont have workspace ,, 

i cant do any action on sharepoint or k2 ,,, 

thinking of add the user manually in DB ,, but i will leave it for last option ,,, 

can u help me here !?

Badge +10

In K2 blackpoint, you can use the Administration link from your Process Portal and then navigate to Administration > Server Rights and add the user there.

If you do not have a Process Portal you can do the same from K2 for SharePoint in Central Admin. Click on the Management Console link.

The Management Console link is also available on any other site under K2 Site Settings.

Hope this helps!

Badge +5

thanks man , but the thing is when i goes  to Central Admin>K2 for sharePoint >Management Console > the page open normal 

but when i press on server right , an unauthorized page appears,,, 

any ideas !?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

As which account are you trying to access the Admin page? I would suggest using the current K2 Service account. This is if the unauthorized message is coming from the K2 side. You can check your K2 Host Server logs to see if the unauthorized message is thrown there. HTH Vernon

Badge +5

same K2 service account ,

i checked with the K2 Log i have the following two errors :-

"15345","2011-09-20 10:36:21","Error","EnvironmentServer","15100","Generic","SourceCode.Workflow.Runtime.Management [OpenConnection [string[] names]]","15100 Error occurred, ERROR: Unable to connect to RHQ00-SPS01 on port 5252. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. ","anonymous","0.0.0.0","RHQ00-SPS01:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpointHost ServerBin","15345","d432e6c596474dae95826e02ac10ba7b",""
"15346","2011-09-20 10:36:21","Error","EnvironmentServer","15100","Generic","SourceCode.Workflow.Runtime.Management [SendArchiveX [string[] names]]","15100 Error occurred, ERROR: Unable to connect to RHQ00-SPS01 on port 5252. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. ","anonymous","0.0.0.0","RHQ00-SPS01:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpointHost ServerBin","15346","4e2812fd5b1243febb7fdefda7341715",""

i checked the netstat ,, i cant find port 5252 ,, i restarted the k2 service , but also same issue ,,, any ideas !?

Badge +10

Hi,

It looks like the component is trying to connect to the RHQ00-SPS01 server on port 5252 which is the workflow server.

It might be that your K2 server is not starting up correctly. I suggest that you enable full file logging on the K2 blackpoint Server and then check these logs to find out what is causing the K2 Workflow Server not to start up.

See the K2 blackpoint Help documentation under Management > Logging > K2 Auditing and Logging for instructions on enabling logging for All events.

When your workflow server starts up there should be no more problems.

Regards,

Badge +5

Thx for you replay ,,,

i did the log thing ,

i restarted the K2 service ,,,

the log file on ( http://textuploader.com/?p=6&id=mAnZc )

Badge +10

Hi,

Thanks for the file. It looks like the log file is not complete. It did not log all the messages yet to Thread Listing.

Please re-upload the log which contains all the messages.

From what I can see currently your HostServer is running on port 5656 and I suspect that your workflow server might also run on a different port.

If you haven't checked it yet, verify these ports are open on the Windows Firewall.

Please post the new log and I'll take a look.

Regards,

Badge +5

thx for the help ,,

here is another version of the log file ,, http://www.mediafire.com/?tve64yk1crdc1i9

the firewall is turned off ,,,

i checked with net state ,, i cant find the 5252 port ,, could i manually start the work flow service !?

how i can check that my k2 pass throw configration are right !? i opened the k2 server on consol mood and gave me the MQ lisen thread message !!!!

thx again

Badge +10

Hi,

I only saw one error and this caused the K2 workflow server not to start up:

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

I'm honestly not sure what could have caused this, but it might be a setting somewhere. I suggest you log a support ticket for this issue so that the K2 Support team can troubleshoot the configuration.

Regards,

Badge +5

thx man ,, it seems i should open it ,,

appreciate your efforts ,,