parallel activity declining user

• 13 March 2009
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8
How can we get the name of the approver who has declined a parallel activity?? Also How can we keep track of comments of all the approvers in a parallel activity??

7 replies

Badge +10

Hi

There are a couple approaches to allow for this that are discussed in the following post:  http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/26597.aspx

Typically I'll store the comments in a SmartObject like DavidL since that's a no code approach and you'll still see the comments trail in InfoPath.  However, if you're using InfoPath and want all the comments physically stored with the xml data of the InfoPath form then arduk's programatic technique would work. 

Hope this helps.  Tim

Principal - Technologist

Caprivi Solutions Inc.
Toronto, Ontario 

Badge +8
thanks tim that was helpful.. can you tell how we can get the name of a approver who has declined a request... I tried with action result and tried activityinstancedestination,destination.user and FQN but it only gave m3 account names for example domainuseraccount
Badge +6

Hi Mahesh,

Add the code activity event after infopath client event, then add the code for retreiving the destination.user from K2 XML fields, assign them into infopath fields at runtime.

Best regards

Madhan

Badge +10

To get the Display Name of the user instead of the NT4 style account name (domainNameaccount) you could create a SmartObject using the K2 blackpearl ADService Object calling the GetUserDetails method.  Add a SmartObject Event after the client event and populate the UserName input property with the Activity Destination InstanceUserName field.

You should be able to match that up with the activity’s Process Activity Data/Data Fields/Activities/”Activity Name”/Action Result activity data field for the user that selected the Decline action.

I hope that helps.

Principal - Technologist

Caprivi Solutions Inc.
Toronto, Ontario 
Badge +8

tim,

i'm very new blackpearl. Not familiar with smart objects. Is there any other way??

Madhan we tried all that, still no use

Badge +10

I'm sure there are other ways but it probably involves some type of coding.  Since K2 blackpearl relies so heavily on SmartObjects for everything from the processes to reports it would be well worth it to invest a bit of time getting familiar with SmartObjects.  Otherwise you’ll end up writing and debugging code to accomplish things that can be done through configuration with SmartObjects.

I found a post which compliles some inks to get more information about SmartObjects if you’re interested:

http://k2underground.com/forums/post/28074.aspx

I would also recommend becoming familiar with the SmartObject Tester tool that is included with the latest builds of K2 blackpearl (807 and can be found in BlackMarket).  It is located in the Program Filesk2 blackpearlService Broker.  Testing and creating SmartObjects is a lot easier with this tool and I found it to be a great way of learning about SmartObjects since I can quickly create and test them with this tool.  Note I used that tool to create the AD User SmartObject which took less than a minute J.

Badge +8
thanks tim, ill look into smart objects.. thanks for your help