I have to upload excel file so that the records will be available in Nintex Forms as dropdown and user will select the record and then other fields of the records will be populated automatically.

Badge +6

I explain this with the example :

I have an excel file with the fields as below.  It has data which I want to upload in Nintex so that it would be available for the user when filling the form.

Product Name

Material code

Manufacturing date

Expiring date

In the Nintex form I have to display Product Name as dropdown menu.  When a user types product name it will display matching product names.  User will select one and other details like Material code, manufacturing date, expiring date should be displayed on the Form.

How to achieve this.  Will you please help me?

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +8

Hi Sunil,

You would probably need to create a lookup list (1 or 4 depending on how many columns you need putting in it i.e one for each Product Name /Material code etc or just one list containing all these columns). List bulk edit could be used to import data from Excel into the Lookup lists.

Once data inside the lookup lists your master lists could be customised using Nintex forms and the Lookup columns namely (Product name etc) would be rendered as the lookupvalues and will give you features like when the user types it will display matching products.

hth,

Shrini

Badge +6

Hi Srini,

Thanks for your quick solution.  I have some queries :

1.  As you mentioned "List bulk edit could be used to import data".  Where this option available?  Is it a Workflow control or Form Action?

2.  I want to upload the excel periodically (say weekly) and it should overwrite the existing items.  Is it possible?

Please guide.

Thanks

Badge +6

Hi Srini,

Thanks for your quick solution. Need clarification please.

1. As you mentioned "List bulk edit could be used to import data". Where

this option available? Is it a Workflow control or Form Action?

2. I want to upload the excel periodically (say weekly) and it should

overwrite the existing items. Is it possible?

Please guide.

Thanks

Sunil

Best Regards

Sunil Tamanekar

Roche Products (India) Pvt. Ltd.

Phone: +91-22-33941024

Mobile: +91-8451952002

EMail: sunil.tamanekar@roche.com

Badge +8

Hi Sunil

When you click on the list you would be given this option where you could click edit list and add rows in bulk. You could use excel rows and paste it here.

186576_pastedImage_0.png

If you want an automated way (i.e.) every week then you would need to explore the option of Query excel services action and may be read an populate the list.

hth,

Shrini