Using WF Variables in Flexi Task Reminders

• 25 August 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Hello All, I am currently working with an Assign Flexi Task action (on-premise 2013) and have noticed that my workflow variable(s) are not populated when included in the body of the reminder emails. Is this a limitation that I'm not aware of (losing scope to wf variables)?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Include a workflow variable (in my case a string of HTML and a hyperlink) in the Task Notification email of a Flexi Task
  2. Re-use those same variables in the body of the reminder emails.
  3. Notice the variables work in the initial notification but are null for the reminders.

Thanks!

Patrick

2 replies

Badge +11

Hi Patrick Abel,

I just tested the Flexi task with hyperlink variable and it does show on both emails notifications, task and reminder. I have it on other workflows as well. I'm on prem 2013.

Badge +8

Kapil Joshi​ In your test case, is your variable populated/initiated by data outside of your workflow? Or is it static with a starting value?

In my case, I'm initiating this workflow from a workflow on other list. I'm using association data from the web service action and it looks like in this case, the variables are losing scope on the reminders (despite working for the initial Flexi Task email, escalations, etc.