Changing Smartobject Name

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi all,

What's the easiest way to change the name of a Smartobject so that in K2 and SQL Management Studio they have the same name???

For example: In K2 Designer, my Smartobject is called: Rooms Smartobject, but in SQL Studio it says Rooms Smartobject Form.

If i change the name in K2 Designer, it does not change the Table name in SQL Management Studio on the K2 Server.

Is there a way of doing this after a smartobject/table has been created?

I want to keep everything tidy, so that the K2 Smartobject/SQL Table names follow a naming convention that matches the project being worked on.

I guess i could do a save as on the K2 smartobject, but i don't want to do that, just rename the existing SMOs without breaking any rules/connections.

Possible?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear , 

The way i do it is as following , 

lets say i have  a SQL table and SMO already created , like the following ,

13962i0CDDEA9245B2AB80.png

The way i do it is , i changed the name of the table first , i changed it to AhmadNew

12062iA7D0047DBA8F290F.png

Now in service tester utility expand ur Smartobject explorer , expand where ur specific SMO path , mine is at default 

Right click the SMO and Click on View SODX , and a pane will appear on the right of the tester ,

14824i170E330BBA807594.png

Keep the new name that comes from DB SQL table , and u only need to clear the GUID field , and paste the GUID value u copied in previous step , and click on publish SMO

in this way it will upgrade ur SMO via GUID , and overwrite the existing SMO .

Hope it helps!

Regards.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Renamed table in SQL.

But when i refresh my service instance (Smartbox) the old name is still there.....

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Dear ,
Its true , that wouldnt apply on smartbox SMO'S , i thought u were askin about SMO's sql tables .

Regards.
Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Ohhh Noooo.

I've changed the names back to what they were.

So is there no way round renaming SMOs in Smartbox then?