Set field dropdown value based on another dropdown value and due date in nintex workflow 2010

• 9 October 2019
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +5

Dear All,

I have two dropdown feilds, i have to set one dropdown based on another dropdown and due date.

Columns - Progress, Status and Due Date

1. If progress is completed within the due date then set status field to "ontime"

2. If progress is completed after the due date then set status field to "late"

I have to implement this through workflow only, there is not approval process. User manually changes/updates the list.

Regards,

Ramanjjilu Naidu

1 reply

Badge +12

@ramanjjilunaidu .....It's simple....you need to trigger the workflow when item is created or modified....then:

• Create a dt_Today variable
  • Calculate Date action  ---> check the box "Use date when action is executed (check other box if you need time too) and store it in dt_Today variable
  • Now use if condition action and:
    • Condition 1 - Item property Progress equals Completed?
       AND
      Condition 2 - Workflow variable dt_Today is less than equal to Item Property Due Date
  • If condition is true then use Set Field Value or Update Item action ----> Status as On-Time
  • If condition is false then use Set Field Value or Update Item action ----> Status as Late

If you have more than 2 conditions then you can use Run If action in Parallel branches