How to use Nintex workflow 2010 to attach an attachment from an infopath form?

• 16 September 2014
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

I have an InfoPath 2010 form that may contain an attachment.  I'm using Nintex Workflow 2010 to email the details of the form to an external vendor who does not have access to the SharePoint environment.

How do I add the attachment to the email using Nintex workflow?

Thanks,

Colleen

9 replies

Badge +11

In the email notification in the workflow, there is an 'Attachments' field. Beside that there is a checkbox that says 'Include list item attachments.' Check that checkbox. That will attach any attachments for that list item.

Badge +1

I did that but just the Form XLM was attached? 

Badge +11

Is this in a SharePoint list or a SharePoint form library? My example is when I have a SharePoint list.

Badge +1

Form Library.  I think that's the issue.  I need to pull out the attachment from the XML some how and then put it in the email.

Have you done that before?

Badge +11

No, I haven't done that before.You may want to use the 'Query XML' action. You may have to change some of the steps, but the following website may help:

http://askmanisha.wordpress.com/2013/10/04/extracting-info-path-attachment-using-nintex/

Badge +3

I create a simple Info Path form with just two controls – title and attachment, and publish it to my form library.

Attachment1

I create a Nintex workflow on item creation on my library with following actions in sequence
Action 1 – Query XML

Attachment2_QueryXML

Query the current item using XPath to get the title and save this in a workflow variable. I do this since my requirement is to create a folder of the title’s name in another library where the attachment from Info Path form will be saved.

Action 2 -Create Item

Attachment3_CreateItem

Create an item of folder type in the destination library (here AttachmentLib) with the name as desired. Mine is the title as mentioned earlier.

Action 3 – Query List

Attachment4_QueryList

Query the destination library to get the URL where the attachment has to be added.

Action 4 – Copy to SharePoint

Attachment5_CopyToSP

Copy your attachment (specified in XPath) in the URL (varTxtFileAttachmentUrl) saved in previous action i.e. Query List.

All actions put together

Attachment6_WF

The logging in the last action actually gives a clear picture of all the actions above. On logging all the variables, what we get is

Attachment7_Log

All these actions put together extract the attachment from the Info Path form. You can use them the way you want to.

Source : Extracting Info Path Attachment using Nintex | My Learnings

Badge +11

Hi

Were you able to resolve your query? Please mark the appropriate response as correct answer to help others in the community.

Badge +1

I've been sidetracked and have not had a chance to try this.  I hope to try it this week.  I'll promise to update this link when I've tested it.

Thanks,

Colleen

Badge +11

, Any word on this?