SharePoint Site Lists and Libraries

• 26 December 2014
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +5

Hi All,

I am trying to create smartobject for Sharepoint list.

Problem is that when i goto K2 Site Setting ------>K2 SmartObject Site Lists and Libraries .

I Found that by default all Document Libraries & List are selected and its not allowed me to unselect any of them. I dont want to create Smartobject for every List or Document Libraries. I want to create SO for only 2 list.

Can you please let me do i need to do any setting to unchecked other and select list which i need to create SO.

Thanks

7 replies

Badge +7

Hi Niks,

What version of SharePoint are you using? 

Here's some documentation that could help you if you're on SP 2013:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2forsharepoint/userguide/current/default.htm#Build/Data/Working_with_SmartObjects.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CBuilding%20K2%20applications%20in%20SharePoint%7CData%7C_____4

Under "Generate SmartObjects" note that it describes the following:

When you create an Application from a SharePoint List or Library, K2 automatically creates a SmartObject for the list/library and other SmartObjects as needed, such as SmartObjects for attachments on custom Lists.

Badge +5

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Sharepoint 2010.

Currently Smartobjects are getting created for me. but they are created for all the list which was their.  I dont want create Smartobject for all lists as it create mess in SO tester.

Is there any way to select few of them and generate the SmartObject.

Badge +7

Alright. Please bear with me, I just want to make sure I'm interpretting what you wrote properly.

Please look at this documentation, which I assumed is how you went about initially creating your smartobjects:
http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/current/webframe.html#SO01.html

Notice the image on Step 7. You wrote "I Found that by default all Document Libraries & List are selected and its not allowed me to unselect any of them. I dont want to create Smartobject for every List or Document Libraries." With that:

1. In the original post, are you seeing that all check boxes under Document Libraries and Lists are checked and greyed out (unlike the image on Step 7, which does not have everything checked)? Is this what you mean? If no, you may need to post an image for me to get a better understanding.

If yes, this is what you're seeing, then

2. Did somebody else previously create smartobjects in the tester tool for the document libraries before you went into the SharePoint UI?

If the answer to #2 is yes, then that is why you're experiencing what you're experiencing and are unable to click specific boxes for your Document Libraries and Lists.

Badge +5

Hey,

Please find the answer below

1. In the original post, are you seeing that all check boxes under Document Libraries and Lists are checked and greyed out (unlike the image on Step 7, which does not have everything checked)? Is this what you mean? If no, you may need to post an image for me to get a better understanding. - Yes correct,In my case on step 7 evrything was checked. I have attched image for same.

If yes, this is what you're seeing, then

2. Did somebody else previously create smartobjects in the tester tool for the document libraries before you went into the SharePoint UI? -No this is first time  i am creating SO.

11425i0081055D404F9CC5.jpg
Badge +7

Hi Niks,

Ok so what it seems like is that K2 is assuming that there are service instances or SMOs created for the site already. That is the most common reason the boxes would all be checked and greyed out.  

If you use your SmartObjects Services Tester, you can drill down to ServiceObject Explorer > SharePoint Service V2 > Select your site [the site which you were trying to create the SMOs on] and here you should be able to see if there are any existing SmartObjects/Services that are already there. I would suggest you look here just so you are checking all your bases. 

If there aren't any, I'm not exactly sure what else could be causing it but I can ask around when I hear back from you.

Badge +5

Hi Alyssa

I had checked and there is no previously created SO.Only Service instance was created previously.

I had deleted the service instance and created new one. Still I can see all lists are grayed out.

Can you please let me know

When I run K2 SmartObject Site Lists and Libraries will it create SO for all the list and library’s by default or only for selected list?

Thanks 

Niks

Badge +7

Hi Niks,

Usually SMOs will only be created for the lists and libraries that are selected after the K2 SMO Site Lists and Libraries step. I'm assuming that because they're all greyed out, after you finish that step, they'll make all the SMOs for all the checked items. However, by default, those aren't usually all greyed out.

Unfortunately I don't really know what to tell you from here, so apologies for that!