Is it possible that documents attached in List Form be displayed in subsequent Task form

Badge +6

I have created a List Form which has one of the action as Attachment.  On running workflow it calls the List Form and documents can be attached to the form.  Is it possible to display attached documents (display mode only) in the approver's task form.

19 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

see eg. collect task attachments in list item and show all attachments in next task

Badge +6

Thnaks for the revert.  I have seen this document earlier but unfortunately the action "Call Web Service" or "Web Service" is not available in our Nintex Form.  We use Nintex workflow 2010.  Will you please help me locate the action or any alternative action?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I do not have experience with NW2010, but acc. documentation both 'Call Web Service' and 'Web  request' actions should be available there.

http://help.nintex.com/en-us/nintex2010/help/#workflow/RootCategory/Actions/Nintex.Workflow.Workflow.Actions.htm%3FTocPa…

ask you admin to check configuration and enable them for you

Badge +6

I got access to "Call Web Service" from our admin.  As per your attachment " collect task attachments in list item and show all attachments in next task", I set up action "Call Web Service", but still getting an error as

"Error_Web_service  :    Error returned from server: soap:ServerException of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.Input string was not in a correct format."

The screen shot of Call Web Service is as below

189050_pastedImage_0.png

My requirement is documents attached to List form should be visible in Task Form.

Please guide.

Thanks

Sunil T.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

the problem seems to be with second input parameter, you supply listID whereas it ask for listItemID

Badge +6

Thanks Marian,

I also noticed the same and changed and it worked. However, now I am collecting file names from the XML and have multiple attachments but workflow variable "Attachment_Filename_WV" gets only one file name.

189051_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

Sunil T.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Input text => I think you should apply regexp on current collection item (within the loop), not on whole collection

Badge +6

Thanks Marian,

Great, it worked.

Badge +6

Hi Marian,

I created Hyperlinks for attached documents but not able to show in the Task Form.  Also I am not clear about the data given in the blog (excerpts given below)

To show the links in the form I used a Rich Text control. My first attempt to enter the worklfow variable by Insert Referenz to the control was unsuccesful - the html coding was shown, not the rendered link. So a little JavaScript was neccessary. First I assigned a unique CCS Class nameAnlagen to the control. Second I created a Single Line Textbox control where I inserted by Insert Referenz my workflow variable containing the html coding. The control itself was made invisible on the form by css. By JQuery the html content of the control will be replaced by the content of my workflow variable:

NWF$(document).ready(function () {

try {

NWF$('.Anlagen').html(NWF$('#'+ anlagen_html).val());

} catch (err) {

}});

Can you please share screen shots.

Thanks

Sunil

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

add rtf control on the form and set its css class to Anlagen

add another single line text control on the form and

- set its default value to your variable that holds html links

- set its javascript variable to anlagen_html

Badge +6

Thanks Marian for your support.  I did same setup as suggested.  the RTF control is invisible and single line control is visible but shows HTML coding instead of links.

Sunil

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it should have been just oposite happy.png

Badge +6

This is my setup for RTF and above it SL control

189085_pastedImage_0.png

This is the output

189089_pastedImage_1.png

The setup was done same as guided with screen shots

Thanks

Sunil

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

1. with hiding singe text control it was meant to assign it formatting rule that will hide it, not to overlap it other control

2. have you added javascript code to form settings? seems like HTML links are not copied over to rtf control

3. move the two controls so that content of both is visible and post it here.

4. post here what is content of variable that hold HTML links.

Badge +6

Great.  Added javascript code to Settings Form.   Also moved two controls.  Now the files are visible in the area where RTF control added.  But Single line control with HTML link content also visible. The output looks like this :

189079_pastedImage_0.png

The content of variable that hold HTML links is as below :

<a href="http://ap2.collaboration.roche.com/team/201265fd/Lists/Cheklist and Approval Form for Promotional  Market/Attachments/14/Nintex doubts.txt">Nintex doubts.txt</a><br><a href="http://ap2.collaboration.roche.com/team/201265fd/Lists/Cheklist and Approval Form for Promotional  Market/Attachments/14/Nintex Screen shots for approvers.docx">Nintex Screen shots for approvers.docx</a><br><a href="http://ap2.collaboration.roche.com/team/201265fd/Lists/Cheklist and Approval Form for Promotional  Market/Attachments/14/Requirement Gathering - Stamping Process.xlsx">Requirement Gathering - Stamping Process.xlsx</a><br>

How to hide Single Line control from the Form?

Thanks

Sunil

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

as I've already written above, you have to assign formatting rule to the control to hide it.

Badge +6

Sorry I am not able to understand the term "assign formatting rule". Do you mean to change the Appearance - Visible to "No"?  I tried but then nothing appearing on the Form.

I am giving below screen shots of control settings.  Please guide if I am wrong or additional settings needed, if any.

1.  RTF and Single Line Textbox appearing on the form.

189222_pastedImage_0.png

2.  RTF settings

189223_pastedImage_1.png

3.  Single Line Textbox settings

189224_pastedImage_2.png

4.  Form settings

189225_pastedImage_3.png

Thanks

Sunil

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

no, I really mean formatting rules

you may want to learn on formatting rules first

Forms Film Festival Ep 3: Forms Rules Pane

Formatting vs Validation Rules in Nintex Forms

Nintex Mobile Validations and Formatting Rules - (Advanced Calculated Values - part 2)

http://learning.nintex.com/lms/index.php?r=player&course_id=110

Badge +6

Thanks Marian.

It worked.  Now I have a small concern.  The RTF form control is in Panel and both has enabled for Resize on Runtime.  I have three attachments, the RTF control size is small, it does not fit three attachment names and it shows only two.  Is there any other way to increase the size on runtime.  I have found out workaround by increasing size of panel and rtf.

Thanks

Sunil