Can I deploy a work flow project to a server with differenct domain

• 22 July 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I created a work flow project in Domain A, I mean all the development and role setup, environment are under domain A. Now I would like to deploy this work flow to a totally different environment, within Domain B. My work flow is very simple. It doesn't not involve sharepoint or infopath at all.

Can I copy the entire project and open it in a K2 for VS in domain B, then deploy to k2 server in domain B?

Or can I make a deployment package in domain A and MSBuild this package in Domain B k2 server? Although I don't know how since I don't have access to http://kb.k2workflow.com/articles/kb000188.aspx :(

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated.

Regards,

-Kel

1 reply

Badge +11

You should be able to use either option, Visual Studio or an MSBuild package as long as you used roles within your workflow and not individual named users ("domainuser").    In Domain B you will have to set up your roles with the same name, but add the appropriate users in domain B as members.

For the kb article, when your company bought a license to the product, at least one person should have been specified as a contact.  That person can add additional users to the company contact list so they can access the customer portal and kb articles.  I would recommend that kb article first before using the build package.