redirect on a webpart

• 29 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

I am trying to get my form to redirect to a new page when the user clicks save or submit. If they click save, they should be redirected to a saved confirmation page and when they click submit they should be redirect to a submit confirmation page.

I have updated my forms so I am using the redirect URL on the button its self.

208693_pastedImage_1.png

The redirect works as designed if I created a new item or open and edit an item from the list, but when I click save or submit from the Nintex Form Web Part, the page just refreshes and the user is not redirected.

Does anyone know how to get the redirect to work on a Web Part?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Euan Gamble‌, you have added a comment on uservoice to the request "Use Custom Redirect from Form in List Form Webpart" that button redirect should work from within list form webpart since March's release on.

but it doesn't seems to work from within webpart, I've tested it on NF2013 v2.11.0.1

so is it a bug? is button redirect designed to work from within list form webpart?

Use Custom Redirect from Form in List Form Webpart – Customer Feedback for Nintex 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌,

Sorry that idea has been incorrectly closed. I have reopened this suggestion.

Cheers,
Euan

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

thanks for clarification, ‌.

so ‌, you may see this feature is not implemented yet.

you can vote for it on uservoice on above link.

Badge +5

Hi Leah Giambartolomei ,

as mentioned by Marian Hatala , the redirection from web parts isn't working at. Until Nintex releases the next fix, I guess you and others who are trying to do similar things do need a solution or work around. I figured the functionality you are trying can be still achieved with little Jquery added to the form. I placed 3 buttons on the form to make things work.

1. Save button, put the label of it as "btnSave" this is given with save and continue action from the dropdown.

2 & 3 are set as JavaScript buttons and labeled as "Save" & "Submit" . 

Add following code to your Nintex Form Javascript block

function SubmitForm(btnName)
{

var _saveBtn = NWF$(".nf-disableonsubmit[value="+btnName+"]");
NWF$.when(_saveBtn.click()).done(function () {
alert("Form being submitted ");
window.location.href = "SubmissionPageURL";
});

}

function SaveForm(btnName)
{

var _saveBtn = NWF$(".nf-disableonsubmit[value="+btnName+"]");
NWF$.when(_saveBtn.click()).done(function () {
alert("Form Being saved");
window.location.href = "SavePage URL";});
}

Call save or submit method on the buttons as per the redirection needs. Refer to below screenshot. after testing you can place one of your save or submit buttons on top of Actual save button so that it will hide away behind.

208812_pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps you a bit.