Forms: Display Attachments in a Read Only state?

Badge +7

Hi All,

I have a form with multiple tabs, the last tab is a Summary tab which shows the user all the information they have input.

Is there any way to display the attachments they have added in a previous tab?

I see the calc control does not seem to tie into the Attachment control.

It looks to me like the attachment names are stored in a simple table, perhaps i could use JS to extract the names from the td "ms-vb" ?

thanks

8 replies

Badge +8

Hi Dave,

I believe tab is a choice control and being rendered as tabs using CSS and controls being enclosed in Panels which is visible based on which tab is chosen?

If this is the case .. then wouldn't it be easier to wrap the attachment control in a panel and make it visible even for the last tab. You would still need to beautify it using css.

let me know if I got your exact requirement or are you rendering the tabs using any other thing?

regards,

Shrini

Badge +7

Hi Shrini,

I actually used JS buttons as tabs this time around.

The problem I see is that my "summary" tab (panel) is showing all the user's inputted data in a formatted way. I want the attachments to appear at the bottom of this summary tab but that woudn't be the case if I was simply displaying the original attachments tab (i.e. it would appear above my summary, not at the bottom as it should). This is why I am trying to extract the attachment names and display them again in my summary tab.

Is this making sense?

Badge +8

Hi Dave,

I am about to shut down for today though ... happy.png but a quick one ..

Why would you not keep the Summary tab as the first panel so that it appears at the top, then have the first Tab "panel" at the bottom. So when the first tab is selected the summary tab is invisible and the first tab takes the top and when the summary tab is visible the Summary panel is at the top and then the attachment panel (as it forms a part of the bottom panel)

or another approach is keep the attachment panel at the very bottom of the Nintex form and make it visible for both first tab and summary tab, in this way which ever tab you select attachment panel is going to be at the end?

Does that make sense or did I get it wrong?

regards,

Shrini

Badge +7

The second option could theoretically work, but it ties my hands in terms of how i display the attachment panel. I'll think about it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Dave,

It is possible you could leverage bits of this blog post: Office 365 Attachments Open in Online Apps 

This uses the Call Web Service action to get the URLs and Titles of the attachments. I then used a hyperlink field to display them.

Badge +7

Hi again,

My colleague managed to access the attachment names through Javascript.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Badge +16

Are you able to post the solution and mark the answer as correct to close this thread?

Badge +7

Hi Cassy,

I think we will post the answer as a blog post very soon.

thanks.