Downgrade Nintex Workflow 2013 from version 3.1.7.10 to 3.1.6.0

Badge +1

All our development servers, UAT servers and Live servers were configured with Nintex workflow version 3.1.6.0. But by mistake,one of the development server got upgraded to 3.1.7.10 version. So to make all server unique, the nintex workflow version is to be downgraded in one of the servers. Please guide me to downgrade Nintex Workflow 2013 from version 3.1.7.10 to 3.1.6.0 in .

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Right now there is no way to downgrade an installation as the workflow database structure can only be upgraded but not downgraded.

I suggest you review the installation on your dev server and plan to upgrade your other servers as there is a relatively huge gap between versions now.

Best regards,

Enrico

Badge +1

Thanks Enrico Knapp‌ !

I know that will be the best way but still that have a lot of pain involved.

As we have a lot applications with workflows in these base versions. Need to test whether this will bring any issues over the existing workflows. First we have to upgrade all the DEV servers, then UAT servers and then finally the Live servers. That may take minimum 6 months. Also by that time Nintex will for sure release new version. Is there any release which we would take as a base, so that we move to that stable version first. Also same exercise have to be done to the Nintex Forms.

Thanks,

Suraj

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I see your point. If you have that many processes and forms, would it be an option to "outsource" testing of the forms and workflows to the owners of those processes to gain some speed in the rollout process?

In general there is no distinction between stable and unstable releases. You can count any release as stable release. Nintex targets a new release of workflows and forms every three months which doesn't mean that you need to have all updates installed. However, as new features and bug fixes come in with each release it's good to install them as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Enrico