MailChimp Create Campaign - HTML Content in email sent not displayed

• 30 November 2014
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi, I want to send a campaign from my Nintex workflow. I've done that successfully. Email is sent and received but the HTML Content that I enter in the workflow action is not displayed on the email.

I cannot get to show the content of the field ‘HTML Content’ of the action called “MailChimp Create Campaign” in the email.

So my problem is that even if I enter some text in the HTML Content field (as in the screenshot attached) then this text is NOT displayed on the email.

There is probably something to do with *|MergeTags|* but I cannot understand the TAG I need to use in the email template.

Thanks in advance for your help !

PS: I'm on Office 365 Worfklows

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I would first verify that campaign type is set to regular.

See documentation here

Campaign type

Specify the type of campaign to create. Select either:

• Regular: This campaign supports both HTML and plain-text content.
  • Plain-Text: This campaign only support plain-text content.

Specify *|MERGETAGS|* for recipient name

Specify the merge tags for a recipient's name. When using merge tags, the recipient’s name can be included in the message to personalize the email and help to avoid spam filters. For example *|FNAME|* *|LNAME|* will show "To: Bob Smith" in the email instead of "To: bob@example.com". See here for more on merge tags.

Badge +2

Yes the type of campaign is set to regular.

About the merge tags I can indeed add the first name and last name of the user in the email generated but my problem is adding the HTML I typed in the Nintex action in the field ‘HTML Content’ to the email generated by MailChimp.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It looks like you have what you need in the setup. I am unable to test MailChimp to provide any further feedback unfortunately. But maybe you could share other information, like a screen shot of the blank email (because you never know what clues you can gather without first seeing it). Could you set it to plain text and see if that works for any user? This could help eliminate some symptoms.

Badge +17

Make sure that your fields are compatible when passing through the tags. text to text , Multi-line to Multi-line.  This could be a reason why its not rendering.