K2 Smartforms on iPad Opera browser

• 30 April 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi there,

I've created a SmartForm for a client.

The target audience for the SmartForm is mostly off site sales representatives.

These sales reps use iPads.

They access the form by vpn'ing in to their environment.

The form loads pretty fast when accessing it from any browser on a PC. We've picked up that it takes exceptionally long when trying to load it from an iPad (Opera). We've ruled out 3G speeds since they're able to browse the SharePoint portal pretty fast.

I've noticed that the SmartForm page and its resources (html, css and images etc.) loads pretty fast, however when it executes the load event on the SmartObject the loading spinner just goes on forever.

Since iPads use Opera, I was wondering if the issue might be with silverlight support in Opera? Is there anything else that could cause Opera or an iPad to take significantly longer to load an item and populate the SmartForm.

Thanks in advance,

Sean

5 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

Have you tried testing using a different web browser such as Safari or Google Chome? If so were the results the same?

Regards.

Badge +13

http://help.k2.com/smartforms/support-matrix#RuntimeBrowser

It doesn't seem Opera is supported.

Badge +6

I recently used a SmartForm on my iPhone, I was using Google Chrome - and the SmartForm worked perfectly.

Badge +2

Thanks for the responses!

I'll try to get the client to test chrome. Hopefully they're not locked down by company policies to one browser!

I'll let you guys knwo the outcome.

Badge +2

Solved.

Seemed the proble was with browser settings on the iPad's themselves. I just cleared cache etc and the forms began loading at a normal pace.

Thanks for the responses.

Sean